Introducing Lifetime Alumni Email Accounts
The Claremont Graduate University Office of Alumni Relations is
pleased to offer alumni an e-mail account powered by Google. This
service is FREE to all CGU alumni. Your CGU Alumni Google e-mail
account will also include a suite of applications:
- Google Mail- conversation views, easy searching and archiving of e-mail. You will never need to delete an e-mail again.
- Google Calendar- schedule your professional and social life,
create and share calendars, and invite others to meetings and events.
- Google Docs- great for keeping track of your files -- available
anytime, anywhere. Create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Access to Google Sites and Google Talk.
- Google Groups- connect with other alumni with similar interests.
- Over 7GB of allocated space to store your data.
This new service is an actual email account, not email forwarding.
(However, the CGU Alumni Google account does allow for you to forward
your email to a third-party e-mail address - if you choose.)
Accessing your CGU alumni email account:
Accounts have already been established for May 2011 graduates, and
information will be sent through various means with instructions on your
account login and temporary password. If you are not a 2011 graduate,
please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at 909-607-9226 or
firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will set-up and account for you and provide your
temporary password. Once you have your login and password, you may access your CGU alumni email account by following the below steps:
- in the user name box, enter the first part of your CGU alumni
email address, which is everything before "@alumni.cgu.edu"; i.e.
- enter the password that was provided to you
- and click on the "Sign in" button
- the first time you log in, you will be required to change your password
After logging out of your CGU alumni email account,
your web browser will show the standard GMail log in web page. If you
decide to log back into your CGU alumni email account using this
standard GMail log in web page, you will need to enter your complete
alumni email address into the user name box, i.e.
"email@example.com". If you have an existing Gmail account, please be sure to logout before attempting to set up your alumni account.
Transferring your saved emails from your CGU student email account to your alumni email account:
Instructions to transfer your saved emails from your CGU student email account are available here.
You should contact Alumni Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 909-607-9226 if:
- you do not have an alumni email account
- you need your alumni email address corrected
- you need your alumni email account password reset